From the lighting fixtures overhead to the wiring in your walls, electricity is an important part of your home. Working with electricity is dangerous business if you don’t know what you’re doing. One wrong move could cause a fire in your home, and a shock could lead to an injury or death. Here are the top 7 reasons why you should hire qualified electricians for electric repairs and installations.
1. Licensing: Most states require electricians to become licensed. Electrical contractors must be certified by the state and complete relevant course work to obtain licensure. If a contractor doesn’t have a license, there is a reason for it. Either he was too lazy to put the effort into obtaining one, or he didn’t have the education, skills, and experience required to be granted one.
2. Knowledge and Training: When you enlist the services of a licensed contractor, you can be sure that he is fully knowledgeable about the complex workings of the electrical system in your home. Licensed electricians have completed rigorous training, which means they have the skill set necessary to handle any electrical problem.
3. Safety Codes: Electric repairs and installations need to meet certain safety codes. These codes exist to help ensure proper installation, function, and safety. A licensed electrician understands all the codes and regulations in place for commercial and residential electrical work. One of the most common mistakes homeowners make when handling electrical problems is not knowing the code requirements for safety issues.
4. Saving Money: Hiring a qualified electrician will cost you less money in the long run. Minor mistakes in electrical wiring can create costly problems. Improperly completed electric projects can damage your devices. Some folks try to save cash by doing the work themselves, but they eventually end up calling an electrician to correct their mistakes.
5. Experience: Faulty wiring can cause a fire in your home. That’s reason enough to hire a contractor who has at least five years of experience. Experience is a great quality that a licensed contractor brings to the table. Because of their experience, professional electric contractors can quickly identify and diagnose electrical problems.
6. Insurance: Reputable electricians are insured. Before you hire a professional electrician, ask for a copy of his insurance certificates, or you could be held liable for any damages and injuries that occur during the project.
7. Guarantees on Work: Most licensed contractors guarantee their work-meaning that if you continue to experience problems, they will come back to reinspect and fix the problem at no additional cost. Any guarantees made by the contractor should be evidenced in writing.
While it’s tempting for some folks to hire a guy whose price is $100 cheaper than the others, it’s usually just what it seems: Too good to be true. If you need any electrical work done in your home or business, make sure you hire a licensed electrician. Hiring an electrician is risky business! Always put the safety of yourself and your family first.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Alfred_Ardis/663300